Spark Plugs and Ignition Coils Services Charleston
Spark plugs and ignition coils are two of the most important parts in your car. They both have a role in converting chemical energy from gasoline into thermal energy that will turn the engine's crankshaft, which then turns gears on the transmission to create motion.
Spark plugs are responsible for generating electricity inside the internal combustion engine. Spark plugs do not produce energy, but instead, help to transfer energy from the ignition coil into heat and then into electrical energy. Spark plugs contain a center electrode that is surrounded by a spark gap, as well as an insulator that separates the ground electrode from the center electrode.
Ignition Coils are responsible for generating electricity inside the internal combustion engine. An ignition coil is a small transformer that generates high voltage through electromagnetic induction and can step up low voltage produced by a car's battery to the high voltage level needed for electric spark plugs. The primary winding of an ignition coil has few turns of thick wire, it gets its power directly from the battery. The secondary winding consists of thousands of turns of thin wire wrapped around an iron core. When current passes through the primary winding, it creates a magnetic field that links the secondary winding.
Benefits Of Having Spark Plugs And Ignition Coils Services
Spark plugs and ignition coils are often used interchangeably, but they have different jobs within your vehicle’s combustion system, one starts the fire while another keeps it going
- Spark plugs help your car's engine run more efficiently
- Ignition coils control the flow of electricity in the engine
- When you need to replace spark plugs and ignition coils, it can improve fuel efficiency by up to 10%
- Replacing these parts will also reduce emissions, which is important for people who live in areas where air quality is a problem
- You might not be able to notice any changes when you first get them replaced, but if they are worn out or faulty then there will be an improvement in how your car runs overall
- A broken or faulty spark plug or ignition coil could result in poor acceleration, stalling, misfiring, and other issues
- When either of these components stops working, it can lead to serious consequences such as a complete breakdown or worse yet an explosion
Spark plugs are important to keep your engine running smoothly, but cleaning them can clog up their work and make them less effective in doing the job. You should use compressed air when they're still installed before putting new ones back into place for best results!
Spark plug maintenance will help you avoid problems down the road if sparkplug cleaning isn't handled carefully, your engine could suffer severe damage because of misfires or poor gas mileage
I'm here to make your day! If you're looking for an honest mechanic who will do the job right, look no further. I'm here to help! I am committed to providing quality service for every customer!